Monday 1 January 2018

JIREN’S REAL IDENTITY AND THE MEANING OF HIS NAME



Hey everyone! In this post, I want to talk about the strongest person in the Tournament of Power, Jiren the Grey. I think everyone knows who he is by now, and he’s an amazing character. If go as far as to say that he’s the best character we’ve seen in Dragon Ball Super so far, and he gets more interesting the more I watch him.
Jiren’s power is said to be magnificent. He is a being who has reached the level of a God of Destruction, and that’s not all. There is a possibility that Jiren has surpassed the level of a God of Destruction, which would make him the strongest mortal in Dragon Ball history. Nobody even comes close to him, but I guess that’s what he’s all about. I’ve seen a lot of theories about Jiren on various forums, and I appreciate them all.
They certainly do make the community better, but there are some that appeal to me more than the others. Recently, I came across a theory about Jiren that I loved, and it explains his real identity, and the source of his powers. According to the theory, Jiren is actually not ‘one’ person. The name Jiren means “several people” in Chinese. Have we seen characters with the power of multiple people in Dragon Ball franchise?
Of course, we have! There are different ways to fuse in the world of Dragon Ball, and it could actually be possible for Jiren to be a fusion of several people. When Jiren first revealed his powers, Beerus said and I quote, “Is this really just the power of just one being?” This certainly is an interview choice of words, given that Jiren might actually be a fusion of multiple people.
We’ve already seen that in the Tournament of Power, with Universe 6’s Namekians, and Kafla. The Namekians specifically fused a lot of people together to create two ultimate warriors who would guarantee a victory in the Tournament of Power. I think something similar is the case with Jiren. I think Jiren might actually have the power of an entire Universe in him. I know it sounds ridiculously for a single person to have fused with a Universe.
But, that’s just an interesting theory. This would explain why exactly Jiren is as strong as he is. His name points towards it. Beerus’ quote hints towards it as well, and it would be an interesting plot development if this were to be true. For now, we don’t know anything about Jiren. However, I have a feeling that after the Tournament of Power is over, Jiren will be around, and we’ll see his complete backstory. Maybe we’ll find out then.


JIREN’S REAL IDENTITY AND THE MEANING OF HIS NAME
  • Blogger Comments
  • Facebook Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Item Reviewed: JIREN’S REAL IDENTITY AND THE MEANING OF HIS NAME Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Love DBS
Top